Graphic & Video Designer
At Oval we are looking to innovate the traditional finance space with a new completely disintermediated platform for saving and investing. We believe that intermediation is over, with technology disruption, in a number of industries, replacing the middleman. We want to do the same for finance. It is an ambitious task and thus we are looking for people to join the Oval team to help make this happen.
You are right for this job if you:
- have 2-3 years of experience in graphic/video/motion contents for the web and mobile experiences
- skilled in motion graphics and animation (After Effects, Premiere)
- proficient in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- knowledgeable in design, filmmaking, typography, and color theory
- strong storytelling skills
- great attention to detail and creative mindset
- can create concepts on the fly and can collaborate across teams to get things done
- can effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- always prefer creating clear and concise work
- thrive in a fast-paced environments
- obsessive file organization skills
- a sense of humor and great attitude
- know that finance can be simple to explain with the right images and words
- are passionate about Oval Money's mission of financial education, inclusiveness and fairness
Please provide a portfolio of work that shows a range of content you’ve created, such as video, interactions, product tours, educational materials, etc.
You will be part of a team of serial entrepreneurs with a global market experience in building tech startups and you will have the opportunity to change the financial market, by bringing better education and inclusion. You will be able to work from our London or Turin office. You will be independent and can manage your own schedule but will be working with an international and diverse team of people that together have the mission to change the financial world forever.
- Attend meetings and brainstorms to determine motion graphics needs in video projects.
- Design and build motion graphics with text and images, using approved brand standards across a wide range of clients.
- Adhere to video project plans and timelines.
- Develop all motion graphics components, including 2D and 3D animated effects.
- Collaborate with the content team on scripting, project management and selling video services to clients.
- Assist the Video Lead as needed, including with video shoots, production, editing and other administrative tasks.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere and Illustrator
- Video and audio editing
- Building 2D and 3D motion graphics
- Working knowledge of video codecs
- Excellent layout, color and typographic skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated design sensibility — intentional use of typography, color, scale, layout, etc. to meet communication and style objectives
- 1–3 years of motion design and video editing experience
- Direct agency, in-house or freelance work with motion graphics and video filming/editing
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, film or related field
- Online portfolio of current work that includes motion graphics and animations
- B2C knowledge as well as filming experience a plus
- Mobile Video knowledge a plus